7.24.2009

Photo Wedding Invitations & Music

Some of the things that can make your wedding personal and unique are the little touches you give it. Adding a photograph to your wedding invitation, for instance, can be a personalization that gives a little extra style to the entire event. I was thinking, what if I could add wedding music to that as well?

Photo wedding invitations are becoming more popular as they are becoming easier for people to make at home and as costs start coming down to a level where they are very affordable. We decided to use them for our wedding and were very pleased with the results we received. We made them at home on the computer and they still turned out really, really well - I thought they did anyway. It's always wonderful when you can share, not only the announcement of your event, but a picture of you both with all the family and friends and loved ones who may have not had the chance to meet your significant other-to-be yet (or may not be able to attend the ceremony). For my money photo wedding invitations were the only way to go for the announcement.

We have probably all seen the greeting cards or invitations before that play music when you open them. Why not do that with the announcement for your special day? The first thing that comes to mind for me would be cost, of course. They would still be a good size chunk of dollars more than more traditional styles out there. Plus, there would also be the issue of longevity. How long would the batteries last? How durable would they be? Would you need to have any real concern with the people receiving not being able to get the desired effect? As I concerned myself with these thoughts I decided to look around on the Internet and see if there was a place to purchase them. I mean, if no one was producing them, then it probably isn't worth the time to really consider it as a possibly viable announcement or invitation avenue to pursue. I looked around some and didn't really find any that fit what was in my mind's eye as ideal. There were a number of styles out there, but I didn't see any that played wedding music. So I figured there were probably more issues with this thought process than I had considered. IF no one was making them, then someone with far more resources than I had probably looked into it and decided that it wasn't worth the cost or overhead. Not enough return on investment in high dollar invitations or not enough market desire.

I still thought that it would be cool. How would I do it? Well, they would be nothing like my original view of the musical photo wedding invitations. What we could do though, is try something really non traditional. We could use a different medium. What if, instead of an invitation on paper, we sent it on compact disk? Then we could include music, video, and the announcement. And so people are able to still have the information handy we can add in a paper insert to the CD case that gives the needed information in a wallet size as well. I have to believe that people would find it a lot more fun to watch your invite on their big screen than just the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment